xml-general mailing list archives

From Robert_W...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Observations
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2000 02:34:20 GMT

Hell, don't ask me! As you can seem I'm still trying to figure out what it
will take to get open source development to work on Apache XML<g>

As others have said, such solicitations don't belong on this list.  But if
you're serious about open source, you should probably start by reading Eric
Raymond's essays on open source projects at
http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/writings/.  These cover things such as open
source business models, and what motivates open source developers.  These
are "required" reading for anyone involved with open source development.
Then, look around http://www.sourcexchange.com/, one example of a company
that tries to make it easier to sponsor and recruit an open source
development team.

-Rob