xml-general mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject RE: xslt with existing DOM nodes: HIERARCHY_REQUEST_ERR
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2000 21:33:52 GMT

> Is this spec'd
> behavior?

No.  You should be able to apply the transformation from within anywhere in
the source tree.

This normally happens when trying to add text to the root node of the
document, which produces the error from within the xerces code.  Is it
possible the change in the start context could effect this?

-scott

                    Brian Dupras

                    <briand@cente        To:     "'general@xml.apache.org'" <general@xml.apache.org>

                    ra.com>              cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                                         Subject:     RE: xslt with existing DOM nodes: HIERARCHY_REQUEST_ERR

                    01/18/00

                    04:15 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    general

> The error I get now is:
>  "org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMExceptionImpl: HIERARCHY_REQUEST_ERR"

Found the trouble: It seems that I can only perform a transform against the
whole document, not just a single node and its children.  Is this spec'd
behavior?

Brian

XSLTInputSource(xmlelemTarget),