xml-general mailing list archives

From Shane_Curc...@lotus.com
Subject [ANN] Xalan 0.19.2 distribution now available at xml.apache.org/dist
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2000 15:05:23 GMT
We've posted an updated Xalan 0.19.2 which works with Xerces-J 1.0.1 in the
normal distribution area.  See:
    http://xml.apache.org/dist/xalan_0_19_2.jar
    http://xml.apache.org/dist/xalan_0_19_2.jar.sig

This release includes more bugfixes and has a number of updates to sync us
up to the Xerces-J 1.0.1 release.  Hopefully future releases will come out
a bit quicker (presuming Xerces does as well).

Build notes:
-- See the normal BUGS, DONE, STATUS and README in the root for more notes.

-- Distributed as a .jar file: you can either 'jar xf' it or use most
common unzip tools to expand it.

-- Compiled on WinNT Server 4.0 SP5 with Sun's JDK 1.2.2; all using
Makefile (not Ant, yet, but we hope next time).

-- Sources are tagged 'xalan_0_19_2'.

-- Xerces compatibility: this distribution works with the Xerces-J 1.0.1
distribution.  It probably doesn't compile against the Xerces daily CVS
repository, as several people have noted on the x*-dev lists.  Yes, we're
working on getting it updated.  No, I don't know when that will be done -
may not be until Xerces' next release.  Sorry!

- Shane         Automation, Test, & Build guy
mailto:shane_curcuru@lotus.com    AIM:xsltest
  http://alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/LotusXSL
  http://xml.apache.org/xalan/index.html