xml-general mailing list archives

From Paul_D...@lotus.com
Subject Re: xsl:include and xsl:import still not working using Jan 08 2000 1 PM cvs
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2000 18:32:43 GMT

I ran your files from the sample/dom1/transform.java  found in the
distribution,  with the latest jar files, created this morning. The results
I got were;
     <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <h1 align="center">Hello</h1>

However, I changed the following line from;
  <xsl:import href="../hello/hello-page-html.xsl"/>
     <xsl:import href="cocoonimp.xsl"/>

so essentially the imported file was in the same directory as the original
So I'm not sure what's going on.  We're still investigating.

                    Mazzocchi            To:     general@xml.apache.org
                    <stefano@apac        cc:     (bcc: Paul Dick/CAM/Lotus)
                    he.org>              Subject:     Re: xsl:include and xsl:import still
                                         working using Jan 08 2000 1 PM cvs
                    11:47 AM
                    respond to

Paul_Dick@lotus.com wrote:
> Vincent,
> This error looks very familiar.  The last time someone was getting this,
> they were trying to output newline characters or whitespace characters to
> the DOM before they had created a root node?  Check to be sure this is
> happening in your code.

I get the same stack trace with these files

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="import-page-html.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

  <paragraph>This is my first Cocoon file!</paragraph>

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">

  <xsl:import href="../hello/hello-page-html.xsl"/>

  <xsl:template match="paragraph">

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">

  <xsl:template match="page">
      <xsl:value-of select="title"/>

  <xsl:template match="title">
   <h1 align="center">

  <xsl:template match="paragraph">

which work just fine from the command line. It must be something with
the liaison since from the command line this works with no problems...
very strange.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.