xml-general mailing list archives

From Paul.Wa...@wdr.com
Subject Re: PDF to XML
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2000 15:08:55 GMT
     Pier, apparantly, according to there brochure ReachCast have a product
     that can take PDF files and convert them to an XML document. I do not
     know how much flexibility you have on the conversion process.

     This conversion is of specific importance to me, as a project I'm
     about to work on has a number of legacy PDF docs that need to be
     converted into XML.

     Ok Paul

Subject: Re: PDF to XML
Author:  pier (pier@apache.org) at unix,mime
Date:    27/01/00 14:49

Paul.Waugh@wdr.com wrote:

> Does anyone know of any other PDF to XML converters.

PDF -> XML ???? That's odd... I've always thought that people wanted to
do XML -> PDF, not all the way around...
Being PDF a "graphic" language (much likely HTML, it's not content
oriented, but display oriented) I believe that the only translation you
can do is PDF->XSL:FO or another display metalanguage...

> I'm currenlty looking at stuff from ReachCast.

I'm browsing their site (www.reachcast.com) but can't find anything
related to PDF -> XML... Any link?

        Pier

related financial instruments.