xml-general mailing list archives

From "Truong, Bon" <btru...@netfish.com>
Subject Printing a document without whitespace between the elements
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2000 05:43:28 GMT

Hi,

I have written class that extends DOMParser. In that class I override the
method "ignorableWhitespace",
which looks like this:

   public void ignorableWhitespace(int dataIndex) throws Exception
    {
    if(! NotIncludeIgnorableWhiteSpaces )
       super.ignorableWhitespace( dataIndex);
    else
       ;// Ignore ignorable white spaces
    }// ignorableWhitespace

In the same class, there is also a method "print",
which has one switch case like this one:

         case Node.TEXT_NODE: {

             out.print(normalize(node.getNodeValue()));

             break;
          }

But when I run the program it prints the whitespace between the elements.
How can I get it not to print all the whitespace?

Thanks.

Bon