xml-general mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PDF to XML - LOL!
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2000 09:36:39 GMT
Paul.Waugh@wdr.com wrote:

> Dan, this might sound crazy but this could happen. Also you I have
> seem some stuff on CADXML so there might be a STEP -> XML.
>
> I think it depends on how the SVG (scalable vector graphics) takes off
>
> I have noticed that some of the Charting I have done in the past for
> an application using GIF's can now be done in SVG.
>
> So would you want to convert legacy GIF's to XML, ????

I believe this was not the point...
The power of XML is the ability to give a "context" to the data you
write...
Converting GIF to SVG, is like converting BMP to TIF... You don't loose
anything, but you don't gain anything also... You cant "recontextualize"
those informations that were extracted from their context...

	Pier