xml-general mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PDF to XML - LOL!
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2000 09:01:44 GMT
Dan Morrison wrote:

> What's next?
>
> GIF -> XML?

Hahahaha :)

> I've seen JPEG -> ASCII but c'mon...

I come from the old BBS world (when modems at 2400 bps were a luxury!
V24bis rulez! and when HTML was just a random association of four
consonants :)... We had such nice stuff to convert images to ANSI :)

> Sorry for my noise but this is just too funny...

It's funny, but it's the way it is... Almost nobody out there knows
exactly what XML is, but it's one of the most powerful TLA in the
marketing world today...

Just look at the difference between:
	I make HTML pages
and
	I make XML pages
(meaning XHTML :) There's no difference, but if you use the second
phrase, you can charge 50% more :)

	Pier