xml-general mailing list archives

From Mike Pogue <mpo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ICU
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2000 01:50:22 GMT
Yep, I agree.  It does seem to be splitting into two camps.

Many companies won't touch GPL-licensed code, because of its virulent
(virus-like) nature.
BSD-licensed code is (in a way) more "open" in the sense that there are
fewer restrictions placed on using it.  <Insert your own definition of
"open" here/>

Too bad, I think, because there are many worthwhile GPL projects that
could benefit from help from the very people (or companies) who are
scared away from the code by the license.

Mike