xml-general mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ICU
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2000 23:31:34 GMT
Guy Hulbert wrote:

> But BSD is a "free licence" and GPL'd and BDS licensed code can be freely
> mixed (unlike NPL - i.e. Netscape - which is "free" but cannot be linked
> with GPL'd code).  So, I don't care which one someone else chooses to use.
> However, since I learned TeX and Emacs (about 1985) I've found that it is
> worth my while to use tools based on free software.

The dibate on "which license to choose" :) I think it's more like
religion, rather than good code... For a number of particular reasons, I
prefer BSD over GPL, but I think it's like a debate on god... I don't
believe in anything, maybe you are Islamic... Does this make you (or me)
a worse person??? :)

	Pier