xml-general mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PDF to XML
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2000 14:49:35 GMT
Paul.Waugh@wdr.com wrote:

> Does anyone know of any other PDF to XML converters.

PDF -> XML ???? That's odd... I've always thought that people wanted to
do XML -> PDF, not all the way around...
Being PDF a "graphic" language (much likely HTML, it's not content
oriented, but display oriented) I believe that the only translation you
can do is PDF->XSL:FO or another display metalanguage...

> I'm currenlty looking at stuff from ReachCast.

I'm browsing their site (www.reachcast.com) but can't find anything
related to PDF -> XML... Any link?

	Pier