xml-general mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ICU
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2000 14:43:52 GMT
Guy Hulbert wrote:

> OK, I'll bite.

Good :)

> What the h*** is the "IBM Public Source License":

Is the license used by IBM to publish their open-source software.

> - is there a FAQ ?

About ICU or the IPSL?

> - is it compatible with GNU GPL ?

BRRRRR (an icecube is dropping between my shoulders) GPL?

I really don't know... I am no license expert, but I believe so. GPL is
"recursive", and every derivative work of a GPL package needs to be
published (again) under GPL, and the IBM license gives you basically the
rights to do whatever you want with it, as long as you maintain the
copyright...

> - ...
> :)

GPL :(