xml-general mailing list archives

From Rogerio Meneguelli Gatto <ga...@widesoft.com.br>
Subject ProjectX to Xerces migration
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2000 18:55:01 GMT
Hello,

I was developing an application using Sun's ProjectX parser, and now I'm
migrating it to Xerces Java.

It happens that the two parsers give me two different DOM trees for this XML:

<definition>
  <group code='PM'>

While Sun's parser ommitted the #text node between the two tags (the newline),
Xerces is not ignoring it, although definition's DTD declarations doesn't allow
#PCDATA:

<!ELEMENT definition (group)+>

I'm using the validating parser from both packages. Is there a way to duplicate
ProjectX's behaviour using Xerces?

TIA
--
Rogério Meneguelli Gatto | Visite http://www.widesoft.com.br | God is a comic
ICQ# 25775025            |    e veja a solução ideal para    | playing to an