xml-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject [Announcement] Cocoon 1.6
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2000 16:23:07 GMT
Hi,

the Cocoon team on behalf of the Apache XML Project
(http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/) if very proud to announce the
availability of the 1.6 version of the Cocoon XML Publishing
Framework.

The Cocoon project wishes to thank Exoffice Technologies
(http://www.exolab.org/) for donating the XSP engine implementation and
supporting our project with such good code, ideas and resources.

This version incorporates many new features and it's the first release
since the creation of the Apache XML Project. New features include:

- support for Apache Xerces-j and Sun ProjectX (for XML parsing)
- support for Apache Xalan and James Clark's XT (for XSLT processing)
- support for Apache FOP (FO+SVG -> PDF generation)
- complete support for XSP compiled server pages
- documentation generated from XML using Apache Stylebook
- built using Jakarta Ant
- includes LDAP processor for direct LDAP -> XML generation
- includes samples for all possible static and dynamic uses (including
VoxML, WAP, VRML)

Cocoon has been reported to work on every servlet engine compatible with
the Servlet API specification, including Jakarta Tomcat.

Future major improvements will address:

- sitemap definition and implementation
- DOM vs. SAX evaluation on performance and scalability
- merge with stylebook

Come and get it :)

     http://xml.apache.org/dist/Cocoon-1.6.jar

Legal Note: "XSP" is a trademark of DataChannel which very kindly allows
us to use the term. Note, however, that the XSP specification and its
implementation were exclusively done by the listed XSP authors and
DataChannel has nothing to do with this particular technology. They just
happened to trademark the same name we used (as we found out later).

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.