xml-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XML/Database Applications . . .
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2000 13:30:09 GMT
Assaf Arkin wrote:
> We're working on the documentation along with stabalizing the APIs
> towards the 0.8 release. But there are three examples that illustrate
> how to use the code, and the API is very simple.
> For Java - XML all you need is a Marshaller (Java->XML) and Unmarshaller
> (XML->Java). For Java - SQL we use the ODMG API. There's no much to it,
> except you need to create an begin a transaction before loading/creating
> and persistent objects, and commit/abort the transaction before closing
> the database.
> We're using XML files to describe the mapping between an object and the
> tables, hopefully the syntax is self explanatory.
> arkin

It may not add much to this, but Cocoon does SQL -> XML thru JDBC right
now with Donald Ball's SQLProcessor.

Of course, XML <-> relational data is a very interesting concept and we
all are going to work more on that.

Being X-Mozilla-Status: 0009ctive developers the chief architect at
Exoffice (Ricardo Rocha) I see very close integration of Exoffice stuff
with Cocoon and this project in the next few months (castor <-> cocoon
and tyrex <-> turbine in particular).

Anyway, like always, suggestions and ideas are welcome.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.