xml-general mailing list archives

From Assaf Arkin <ar...@exoffice.com>
Subject Re: XML/Database Applications . . .
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2000 05:31:17 GMT
We're working on the documentation along with stabalizing the APIs
towards the 0.8 release. But there are three examples that illustrate
how to use the code, and the API is very simple.

For Java - XML all you need is a Marshaller (Java->XML) and Unmarshaller
(XML->Java). For Java - SQL we use the ODMG API. There's no much to it,
except you need to create an begin a transaction before loading/creating
and persistent objects, and commit/abort the transaction before closing
the database.

We're using XML files to describe the mapping between an object and the
tables, hopefully the syntax is self explanatory.

arkin