xml-general mailing list archives

From Mike Pogue <mpo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] Better look and feel
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2000 19:33:39 GMT
Pier, is your clock one day off?  I just got this message, and it's
dated Tuesday.

If you are offering to do the PDF translation, great!!!  Cool!!!

Yes, I'm OK with extending the current DTD's to include new features
that are needed.  I don't want to break all the existing stuff, though,
by just renaming existing tags.  ICU Open Source (on developerWorks) is
using essentially the same DTD as us right now, and I don't want them to
break either.

As you say, "better table handling, and better images/pictures handling"
is a good idea, especially if it can be done in a compatible way.  Go
ahead and put something together...If it's compatible, and doesn't break
everything, I think it will be easily accepted by all.

I don't know what to do about Xalan.  I don't know how far away their
grammar is from the one most everybody else uses.  Perhaps if the
differences were clearly spelled out in a table, it would be easier to
talk about?  For this round, if Xalan really needs to be different, then
maybe they stay different for a while.  Let's figure out why they are
different!

I like your proposal to get more concrete about the ideas.  It will be
easier to discuss.

Mike