xml-general mailing list archives

From c-hen...@amazon.com
Subject ICU
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2000 22:54:39 GMT
Hello,

The "documentation" for Cocoon installation says:

Note: XERCESCROOT and ICUROOT are needed only if you intend to recompile
the samples or build your own applications. The library path is necessary
to link the shared libraries at runtime.

       For Bourne Shell, K Shell or Bash, type:

export XERCESCROOT=<wherever you installed Xerces-C>
export ICUROOT=<wherever you installed ICU>
export LIBPATH=$XERCESCROOT/lib:$LIBPATH (on AIX)
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$XERCESCROOT/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH (on Solaris, Linux)
export SHLIB_PATH=$XERCESCROOT/lib:$SHLIB_PATH (on HP-UX)

What the h*** is ICU?  What does it do for me?  Where can I get it?  Etc

Thanks

--
Henry Meyerding
amazon.com