xml-general mailing list archives

From Patrick Carey <patrickca...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Observations
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2000 06:19:50 GMT
Dear Mr. Weir:

Yep, we is serious...

and thank you for taking the time and effort to help
me...(I am going to your suggested sites tonight)!

Also, if you're ever in the neighborhood, I'd be happy
to buy you a ("free-lunch"), and share with you what
we're going to be doing in the very near future...

Again, thank you for your help.

Sincerely yours,

Patrick W. Carey
650-378-5290

--- Robert_Weir@lotus.com wrote:

> Hell, don't ask me! As you can seem I'm still trying
> to figure out what it
> will take to get open source development to work on
> Apache XML<g>
>
> As others have said, such solicitations don't belong
> on this list.  But if
> you're serious about open source, you should
> probably start by reading Eric
> Raymond's essays on open source projects at
> http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/writings/.  These cover
> things such as open
> source business models, and what motivates open
> source developers.  These
> are "required" reading for anyone involved with open
> source development.
> Then, look around http://www.sourcexchange.com/, one
> example of a company
> that tries to make it easier to sponsor and recruit
> an open source
> development team.
>
> -Rob
>

> Patrick W. Carey wrote:
>
> >If this is inappropriate, please advise me how to
> go
> >about the best process for bringing together an
> >open-source based team...?

=====
Patrick W. Carey
Grapevine Solutions, Inc.
M.S.#628, 809 Laurel Street
San Carlos, California 94070
Direct: 650-378-5290/408-229-4335/408-966-1187(cell)
patrickcarey@yahoo.com - Fax:(419)828-8296