xml-general mailing list archives

From "Dmitry Melekhov" ...@aspec.ru>
Subject Re: can't start cocoon 1.6
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2000 16:20:18 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: Philipp Knirck <phil@maas.de>
To: <general@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2000 8:05 PM
Subject: RE: can't start cocoon 1.6

> well i only know cocoon 1.5,  but if the SerializerFactory is supposd to
be
> in org/apache/xml/serialize it schould be in the cocoon.jar file. in the
> readme or install instruction they say not to include cocoon.jar in the
> classpath. my cocoon only worked when i included cocoon.jar in the
classpath
> (in jserv.properties) maybe you should try this.
> check first if the serializer package is in that jar file though. it is
not
> included in the jar firle of cocoon 1.5
>
> good luck, tell me if this works

Thank you!
Now I have all of it works.
My problem is that we pay for traffic and I get
Xalan distribution and see xersec.jar in it.
But it does not contain  some classes.
When I get Xersec distribution all is OK.

Another problem is that formatter change 8 bit characters to ???.
I can't use unicode now, I use koi8-r encoding.
In 1.5 I used patched  OpenXML, but 1.6 has it's own formatter
which don't understend 8 but characters :(

May be you know solution?

Dmitry Melekhov
http://www.aspec.ru/~dm
2:5050/11.23@fidonet