xml-general mailing list archives

From Elliotte Rusty Harold <elh...@metalab.unc.edu>
Subject Re: PROPOSAL: Implementation of the JAXP classes for xerces-J
Date Thu, 09 Dec 1999 20:00:22 GMT

>So if it is fine with everyone I would like to go ahead and check these
>classes in... You just need to download the jaxp.jar and have it in your
>classpath to use it...

We don't have consensus on this, and Sun has a really nasty history
of using intellectual property as a club with which to bash
competitors. Please don't check any Sun source code into the tree
until the licensing is quite clear. What you propose may in fact be
OK, but we need to avoid precipitous action here.

|                  The XML Bible (IDG Books, 1999)                   |
|              http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/books/bible/               |
|   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0764532367/cafeaulaitA/   |
|  Read Cafe au Lait for Java News:  http://metalab.unc.edu/javafaq/ |
|  Read Cafe con Leche for XML News: http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/     |