xml-general mailing list archives

From "G. Hussain Chinoy" <huss...@granularity.net>
Subject Re: schema question
Date Sun, 19 Dec 1999 18:57:16 GMT

good question, esp wrt backwards compatibility (the discussion of whether
entities are good or not is for some other thread) in the light of the
editor note:

"Ed. Note: All this has to go, now that we don't provide for entity
definition or substitution." near "[Definition:] We use the name schema
root for any element item which is schema-governed and which is either"...

G. Hussain Chinoy
Chief Information Architect, CEO
Granularity Information Architecture, Inc.

PGP key: http://www.granularity.net/~hussain/

On Sun, 19 Dec 1999, Steve Buroff wrote:

> The entity declarations (internal, external, parsed, and unparsed) have been
> removed from the latest version of Schema-1. I don't believe entities have been
> eliminated from XML so, how are they to be defined now when using schema
> rather than DTDs? TIA.
> Steve Buroff

View raw message