xml-general mailing list archives

From Donald_Les...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Xalan Documentation
Date Thu, 02 Dec 1999 16:00:55 GMT

Mahesh,

When you download Xalan, you get a set of xml files in xml-xalan/docs
(along with document-type-definition files and stylesheets, and graphics in
a subdirectory).  These xml files are the documentation before it is
transformed into html. When you run the make file (make all), it builds the
xalan jar file and then uses xerces and xalan to transform the xml files
into html. Keep in mind that you must download and build the Xerces jar
before you can build the xalan jar and doc.

After you run the make files, you will find the Xalan documentation in
xml-xalan\docs_production. To start, open index.html in that directory. The
root for the javadoc is xml-xalan\docs_production\apidocs/index.html. Some
simple examples are in xml-xalan/samples.

If you have trouble making Xerces and/or Xalan, please let me know
(donald_leslie@lotus.com), and I will do my best to walk you through the
process. I am also interested in feedback on the doc. At this point it is
still thin, but it does show you how to perform xsl transformations from
the command line and in java code.  -- Don Leslie

"Mahesh Shantaram" <emmess@earthling.net> on 12/02/99 10:34:48 AM

Please respond to general@xml.apache.org