xml-general mailing list archives

From Mike Dierken <m...@DataChannel.com>
Subject RE: Linking in XSL - The big picture
Date Wed, 08 Dec 1999 20:07:02 GMT

There have been some pre-historic attempts, such as CDF from MS, and more
recent ones like RSS.
http://my.netscape.com/publish/help/mnn20/quickstart.html#step_2

In the product from our company, we use something like this:

<FOLDER name='technology' title='Software Technology'>
 <LINK name='apache' title='Apache.org site' href='http://www.apache.org' />
 <CONTENT name='overview.txt' title='Review of technology terms'/>
 <FOLDER name='internet' title='Internet Tech'/>
</FOLDER>

There are lots of other attributes as well (last modified, last modified by,
etc.)
We use stylesheets to do the display. Some stylesheets are lists, some show
forms to modify properties, etc. These are all grouped into a visually
cohesive 'theme'.

Mike