xml-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XML Inheritance Extentions (first try)
Date Mon, 20 Dec 1999 13:26:17 GMT
Elchanan Shor wrote:
> Hi,
> It might be useful to allow deletion of original elements (not only
> overriding). This way it we are not interested in the legal element in the
> output document (not a good example) we can do it.

Yes, this is something brett already proposed, but I think that this is
a sane limitation.

In fact, the difference between a transformation and an extention is
exactly this.

I've very afraid of adding features like these since we might end up
rewriting XSLT. But any real proposal is welcome.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.