xml-general mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sun's XML API Specification...
Date Mon, 06 Dec 1999 21:16:36 GMT
Rajiv Mordani wrote:

> > This is my first addition request parsers and their factories should
> > have inside the methods (as specified by SAX2 ConfigurableParserAdapter)
> > for setting and querying features and properties.
>
> Well SAX2 is still in alpha state. There is a plan to support both SAX2 and
> DOM2 in the next version of the spec.. It can be used in the
> implementation, infact I have used SAX2 style of parameters and features in
> the implementation classes for xerces (since xerces uses it) but I don't
> think it should still go into the spec....

Why not? Because it's still alpha? Good point, definitely... I don't
know, but I like how in SAX2 properties and features are handled, maybe
this spec should be more extensive on this side... (Let's say, a parser
is not only validating or name-space-aware :)...

Just a thought...

	Pier (writing on the BART with a new laptop :)