xml-general mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Sun's XML API Specification...
Date Sun, 05 Dec 1999 07:39:30 GMT
Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:
> The API is pretty simple, but really valuable in its briefness (good
> job!)

Thanks.. I can't take credit for what's there, but I'll be driving it
towards the home plate...

>, but I don't yet understand why you called it DocumentBuilder,
> instead of DOMParser (wich is more in line with SAXParser). I know that
> in DocumentBuilder one can also get an empty implementation of
> org.w3c.dom.Document, but...

Design patterns -- it "builds" Document object trees for you.

I've fowarded your comments into the feedback alias and we'll chew on
them over the next few weeks. Thanks! (Ok, so normally I'd comment more,
but I'm getting ready to get on a plane for NYC... Busy busy -- but they
are in the queue and will be delt with).

--
James Davidson                                     duncan@eng.sun.com
Java + XML / Portable Code + Portable Data                 !try; do()