xml-general mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@apache.org>
Subject new hardware for xml.apache.org
Date Tue, 23 Nov 1999 08:44:48 GMT

I've moved the CVS tree and web site for xml.apache.org to a new machine:
locus.apache.org, aka 63.211.145.10.  It may take a little while for the
new IP address to propagate out, so be patient if it hasn't yet gotten to
you, or use the IP address directly (though the name-based vhost web
site won't work, I fear).

Some notes:

a) anonymous and SSH-based CVS access is up and configured.  I locked down
the xml CVS trees on taz to make sure that there was no need to worry
about synchronicity (except james tauber's last commit fell through - I'll
clean that up).  If you use anon cvs, make sure your CVS root is:

  :pserver:anoncvs@xml.apache.org:/home/cvspublic

not "dev.apache.org" as the web pages state.  Other than that and the DNS
propagation, this transfer should be transparant to developers.

b) I created accounts for all those with commit access, but the password
format has changed so I've emailed out new passwords to those with commit
access.

c) All the mail for xml.apache.org will continue to flow through taz for
the time being - I just didn't want to attempt to much at once.  =)  The
automated builds from CVS are also down for now.

Despite the headache, this should significantly improve the situation
regarding latency in CVS for developers.  I'll be watching closely for any
sign of problems.  If all goes well I'd like to switch the mail systems
over in a few days as well.  This is a guinea pig for moving the other
apache.org web sites to new hardware.

	Brian