xml-general mailing list archives

From "Clark C. Evans" <clark.ev...@manhattanproject.com>
Subject Re: location of /dist/ directory
Date Thu, 11 Nov 1999 19:10:52 GMT
On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Mike Brown wrote:
> > > There are tarballs containing the entire web site?
> >
> > Sorry, I mis-spoke.  The cocoon project's tar ball seems to contain
> > all of the cocoon web pages, etc.  This is very nice.
>
> Is it nice because you're mirroring the site or because there's
> something in those pages that you need and that for some reason you
> wouldn't normally find in a distribution tarball?

It's nice to have a local copy of the web site if you
have a slow dialup (you let it download over night).  Many
sites only include the source code and what they consider
"documentation" and do not include the web pages.  As it
alyways happens though, you need info from the web pages;
and it is just so much nicer to have it local so that you
don't have to connect back to the internet...

Clark