xml-general mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@apache.org>
Subject responses to /.
Date Wed, 10 Nov 1999 08:18:57 GMT

Hi.  So a lot has been posted to slashdot.org since the site announcement
was leaked on Monday; and unfortunately since the leak and /. post
happened before the site was public, a lot of what was posted was
conjecture and criticism of something that hadn't been seen yet.

Rather than go through each thread and try and answer it, I thought it'd
be best if we could, collectively, answer whatever big questions people
thought were posted to /., and post those responses as a single message,
perhaps as a part of Jim Jagielski's column.  I haven't asked him yet, but
if we come up with something good I'm sure he'd consider it, and it might
get posted as an item on /. anyways.

I'm willing to write some answers if someone (or groups of someones) wants
to scrounge through the /. threads and find questions or comments worth
answering, with attribution.  If others want to help answer, great!  Let's
make this a collaborative process, partly because frankly I don't have the
time to do this all myself, but it needs to get done.

Anyone want to start?

	Brian