xml-general mailing list archives

From "Armin Pfarr" <apf...@netsurf.de>
Subject Newbie question: Character Entities
Date Tue, 16 Nov 1999 21:15:50 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to use Cocoon 1.5 as a publishing engine for XML-Documents. Since
I'm living in Germany, I often have to deal with what we call "Umlaute" like
äÄöÖüÜ. I have a DTD that references the ISOLatin1-Entity-Set. Therefore, my
documents look pretty much like HTML, for example

<memo>
	<to>Herbert H&ouml;nig</to>
	<from>&Uuml;berhaupt nicht interessant</to>
</memo>

When using Cocoon, all my "Umlaute" get lost during the
transformation-process to HTML. A typical XSL-Styesheet looks like

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet
	xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0">

	<xsl:template match="/">
			<xsl:apply-templates/>
	</xsl:template>

	<xsl:template match="head">
		<head>
			<xsl:apply-templates/>
		</head>
	</xsl:template>

	<xsl:template match="body">
		<h1>Inhaltsverzeichnis</h1>
			<xsl:apply-templates select="sect1//title" mode="toc"/>
		<xsl:apply-templates/>
	</xsl:template>

	<xsl:template match="head//title">
		<title>