xml-general mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject [OFFTOPIC] See you soon...
Date Mon, 29 Nov 1999 19:17:58 GMT
It has been a long time, six months, and, I must admit, the best six months
of my whole life, and, tomorrow, it'll be over (at least for some time!).

In this last six months many positive things have happened, from the Jakarta
announce in June, to its code drop in October, to the start of the new XML
Apache Project, things that show how the Open Source World is changing and
how major players in this world, like IBM and SUN, are positively
interacting with a collective of individuals to produce the best
implementation of those standars that someone up in Redmond want to control
and mold. And I'm happy and proud of my small tiny role in all this.

My internship at IBM is finished and next week I will be heading back to
Italy for at least one month (I'll be back hopefully in January again @ IBM
but as a regular employee, given the fact that INS will do its job!)

I'll be on and off until the 15th of december, when I hope I'll be able to
be back on-line from Italy. If you need to contact me, please write at
<pier@apache.org> and consider that my "Corporate" E-Mail address
<pifum18@us.ibm.com> will be taken off line tomorrow.

Thank you all for your friendship and for the wonderful work we made so far,
I hope to be back at full speed as soon as possible.

    Pier