xml-general mailing list archives

From Wong Kok Wai <won...@pacific.net.sg>
Subject Re: Proposal for addiction to the Sun XML Java API
Date Sun, 28 Nov 1999 02:39:14 GMT

James Duncan Davidson wrote:

> Sun is *not* assuming control of SAX. Sun will have people participating
> in the definition of further revs of SAX.

Glad to hear this!

> And a discussion on SCSL isn't even relevant to specification work. SCSL
> applies directly to code.

Sorry for my misunderstanding but I got the impression from the new reports that
Sun is applying SCSL to almost all IP of Sun, like chip design. Regarding
specification, I like to raise two points: Microsoft has a patent for CSS, Unisys
has a patent that affects GIF. So my hope is that Sun won't go that direction with
any of the specs.