xml-general mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for addiction to the Sun XML Java API
Date Sat, 27 Nov 1999 23:13:24 GMT
Wong Kok Wai wrote:
> Personally, I agree with you. I would in fact use the word "hijack" if
> Sun/Javasoft is assuming control of SAX. SAX is public domain while SCSL is a
> commercial license (not even an open-source license).

Sun is *not* assuming control of SAX. Sun will have people participating
in the definition of further revs of SAX.

And a discussion on SCSL isn't even relevant to specification work. SCSL
applies directly to code.

--
James Davidson                                     duncan@eng.sun.com
Java + XML / Portable Code + Portable Data                 !try; do()