xml-general mailing list archives

From Assaf Arkin <ar...@exoffice.com>
Subject Re: Auto-buffering in BaseSerializer
Date Sat, 27 Nov 1999 05:54:25 GMT
I had a bad experience with this in the past. Someone did a performance
test on OpenXML without buffering the input, the parser went
exponentially slow as the file size increased. Ever since I always
buffer.

And yes, my applications tend to do double and triple buffering because
I can never expect a buffer to be done on either side of a library call.
But it's still way faster than having no buffering ;-)

arkin