xml-general mailing list archives

From Mike Pogue <mpo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re^4: Proposed guidelines for package distribution of Java projects
Date Wed, 24 Nov 1999 20:29:48 GMT
James Duncan Davidson wrote:

> But, Ant is designed so that Tasks can be written easily. I'm open to
> new tasks being placed in.. :)

By the way, I'm not arguing against ANT here.  It looks a lot like a
makefile written in XML, and it's portable -- it's cool!

I just find the whole discussion amusing, because ANT will end up
re-inventing Java versions of a lot of things. Not a bad idea, just a
time consuming one.  A year from now, I bet we're still discussing the
build scripts, and how difficult they've become to understand and
maintain.  :-) :-)