xml-general mailing list archives

From Mike Pogue <mpo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re^4: Proposed guidelines for package distribution of Java projects
Date Tue, 23 Nov 1999 19:33:22 GMT
I agree that a version id in a single place is desirable.
Note that the sed/perl solution would then require sed/perl (or
equivalent)
to be available on the platform, adding a tool dependency.

When we talked about ANT earlier, this is the kind of thing I was
thinking of.
Building the jar file is just one part of the whole build process, and
if ANT
is to be a viable alternative to make + sed + perl, then it needs
equivalents
for these kinds of things, running tests, etc....

Mike