xml-general mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <apachexmlgene...@holsman.net>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Creation of the Apache XML "Ant" Project
Date Mon, 15 Nov 1999 22:34:06 GMT
Traditionaly it is 'hard' to come up with a makefile for a java project,
due to the complex dependancy checking requirements that java  imposes.
what you end up with a 'makefile' is stuff that just does a javac *.java in a
directory, which is not necessarily
what you want.

Using ANT on my own projects I find it very easy to use and to setup, and
non-obtrusive.

Ian
..Start the Flames..