xml-general mailing list archives

From Tim Becker <tbec...@pironet.com>
Subject Re: Skipping the DTD
Date Thu, 11 Nov 1999 14:58:52 GMT
> ... My XML documents use a DTD that is sometimes unavailable
> (through http). I don't want the parser to crash just because of that.
> How do I turn off DTD parsing, even if the DTD is specified in the
> document?
> ..

The way I understand it, what you really wnat to be doing is
implementing the org.xml.sax.EntityResolver Interface.
That way you can always redirect the parser to a local copy of a DTD or
other external entity.
Apart from the fact that you might not have a constant
internet-connection, you're also getting better performance just loading
a local copy of the entities.

	-Tim Becker

--
PIRONET  AG
Tim Becker  - Junior Consultant - SBU Software