xml-general mailing list archives

From Edd Dumbill <...@usefulinc.com>
Subject Re: location of /dist/ directory
Date Wed, 10 Nov 1999 08:17:23 GMT
On Wed, Nov 10, 1999 at 12:05:10AM -0800, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> The question was on where the tarballs and jars and other distributable
> builds should go.
>
> On Tue, 9 Nov 1999, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> > +1 to removing FTP once and forever. Damn, we are the http project after
> > all :)
>
> Only until we have an XML-driven FTP server, or start using java servlets
> behind FTP.   =)

Please don't kill off FTP. For me, FTP is much much better than HTTP for
retrieving large files. In bad net conditions, I can set ncftp on the go
and know it will do the right thing, rather than have to nurse my
browser through large downloads (but maybe that's a function of Netscape
on Unix...)

Edd.