xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Borges <bruno.bor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal - A Very Simple API for Reading Simple XML Data
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 13:31:41 GMT

Try XStream. :-)

Cheers,
Bruno

Hi Jake,

Thanks for pointing that out - I didn't know about that.

First impressions are that yes it's [very] flexible, my only criticisms
being that it doesn't use generics, and that it's a pretty big API, whereas
the single-class solution is nice and light weight and probably caters for
the majority of use cases.

Anyway, whether that warrants another interface is questionable... probably
not.

Cheers,
Chris.

Jacob Kjome wrote:

> Have you considered commons-configuration [1]?  It seems to me it does
> what
> you want, while being very flexible and robust.
>

> [1] http://commons.apache.org/configuration/
>
> Jake

-----
Bruno Borges
blog.brunoborges.com.br
+55 21 76727099

"The glory of great men should always be
measured by the means they have used to
acquire it."
- Francois de La Rochefoucauld