xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From chris0 <technic...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal - A Very Simple API for Reading Simple XML Data
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 21:59:19 GMT

Hi Jake,

Thanks for pointing that out - I didn't know about that.

First impressions are that yes it's [very] flexible, my only criticisms
being that it doesn't use generics, and that it's a pretty big API, whereas
the single-class solution is nice and light weight and probably caters for
the majority of use cases.

Anyway, whether that warrants another interface is questionable... probably
not.

Cheers,
Chris.

Have you considered commons-configuration [1]?  It seems to me it does what
you want, while being very flexible and robust.

[1] http://commons.apache.org/configuration/

Jake