xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Proposal: Commons SAX
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2008 13:43:59 GMT
Hi,

FYI: It looks like there are similar plans also in Cocoon, and it was
suggested that a Cocoon subproject might also be a good place for a
utility library like the one I was proposing.

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 9:42 AM, Michael Glavassevich
<mrglavas@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
> "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote on 12/19/2008 05:52:05 AM:
>> Have you seen the recent idea about the "federated commons" [1]?
>
> Nope, I haven't heard of this before. I just read the blog post but I'm not
> sure I got the gist of it, perhaps because of how late I read it, the length
> of the post (metaphors and all) and my general lack of familiarity with the
> Commons project. Does this imply much more than a "Commons federation"
> website which links to each XYZ Commons project, stating a few goals which
> all the commons projects share?

At the moment it's pretty much what we want to make of it. Until now
the federation idea has not been put to practice, but I'm actually
pursuing it now on two fronts: for this utility library and for a JCR
Commons subproject we're planning to start at Apache Jackrabbit.

As you say, I guess a good approach would be to have some set of
general guidelines (based on practices in Apache Commons) on how such
federated commons components should be organized and some section on
the commons.apache.org web site with pointers to those components.

> I hope the plan wouldn't include mashing all the mailing lists together.

+1

BR,

Jukka Zitting