xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Cameron McCormack <...@mcc.id.au>
Subject Extra paragraph for DOM Level 3 Core Java interface license
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2009 23:01:14 GMT
Hi commons-dev.

The readme file[1] for the external files in XML Commons says that
everything under java/external/src/org/w3c is licensed under the the W3C
Software License, which is included in this file[2].  The DOM Level 3
Core Java interfaces are distributed with a COPYRIGHT.html file that
includes an additional licensing requirements (see [3]).

It seems to me that this paragraph should be included somewhere in the
license information in the commons external repository (and the
generated xml-apis.jar).  I haven’t checked whether any other W3C Java
interfaces have been distributed with that extra clause.

Thanks,

Cameron

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xml/commons/trunk/java/external/README.dom.txt
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xml/commons/trunk/java/external/LICENSE.dom-software.txt