xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Glavassevich <mrgla...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Proposal: Commons SAX
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 04:16:49 GMT

Hi Jukka,

It sounds like it might be a good match. I think XML Commons always hoped
to add common XML utilities to the project.

I am curious though about what kind of community you were hoping would
build around this code. You should know that XML Commons has fairly low
activity [1] with only two components (XML Commons External [aka XML APIs]
and the XML Commons Resolver) that are being maintained by a few
committers. We do update them occasionally. For example this summer we
upgraded XML Commons External to JAXP 1.4 just prior to starting an
implementation of the new APIs in Xerces. Otherwise things are usually
fairly quiet.

Thanks.

[1] http://www.ohloh.net/p/xml-commons/contributors

Michael Glavassevich