xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Glavassevich <mrgla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Future of xml-commons-resolver development and maintenance
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2008 03:45:05 GMT

Hi Earl,

GPL is a non-starter here. You cannot include code under this license in any
Apache project. Be very careful if you're taking a look at GPL code and
contributing to similar Apache projects (so as not to indavertently
contaminate the codebase).  I personally avoid looking at it altogether.

I think since Norm is the author of xmlresolver.dev.java.net he could
relicense it under the Apache license and donate it to xml-commons if he
chooses.  Would probably be a good idea to follow-up on the
legal-discuss@apache.org list if folks are interested in pursuing this.

Thanks.