xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Glavassevich <mrgla...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Future of xml-commons-resolver development and maintenance
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 19:03:10 GMT

Hi Earl,

In case it wasn't obvious, anyone can start contributing to the project if
they're interested and potentially become one of its committers. The caveat
being that there needs to be an existing committer around who has the time
and ability to review patches and also PMC oversight for releases and other
project issues. I can certainly provide the latter but neither have the
time or knowledge (don't know the code at all or the catalog spec that
well) to do the former.

I'm sure this isn't the first time that an attempt has been made to revive
a component/sub-project with no active committers. I wonder how other ASF
projects have dealt with this in the past.

Thanks.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab