xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Dylan Shearer <dshea...@nekonya.info>
Subject Support for URL values for property "catalogs" in CatalogManager.properties
Date Sat, 21 Jun 2008 13:32:43 GMT
Currently, Resolver allows developers to use paths as values for the
property "catalogs" in CatalogManager.properties.  I was wondering how
you all felt about adding support for URLs in this property, so that
users could specify exactly how catalogs are to be located: for
example, "classpath:/com/package/catalog.xml" for catalogs on the
classpath or "file:///directory/catalog.xml" for catalogs on the
filesystem.

I couldn't tell exactly from the documentation, but it seems that
Resolver currently interprets these paths as referring to the
filesystem.

What does everyone think?

Dylan