xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Earl Hood <e...@earlhood.com>
Subject Re: Suggested patches for resolver: Windows driver-letter paths and resolveSystem() and <uri>
Date Sun, 15 Jun 2008 17:57:08 GMT
On April 17, 2008 at 00:49, Michael Glavassevich wrote:

> The change you're suggesting to resolveSystem() would break compatibility.
> It also doesn't fit with the semantics of the method though I'm sure you
> knew that before you suggested it. Any user of the resolver already has the
> power to call resolveURI() after resolveSystem() if they choose to or make
> any other sequence of calls they want on the Catalog. Have you considered
> asking the Ant developers to modify the behaviour of the <schemavalidate>
> task or provide some way to tune it?

Maybe the patch should go into the classes in the tools area
versus Catalog itself.  I.e.  The classes that actually implement
the EntityResolver and URIResolver interfaces should by updated
to do a URI-map lookup.

This way, Catalog semantics are preserved, but the resolving
classes are fixed.

Thoughts?

--ewh