xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Earl Hood <e...@earlhood.com>
Subject More fixes for resolver: xml.catalog.verbosity & catalog parsing
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2008 02:48:33 GMT
Since it appears that development of the resolver code is
stagnant due to response from my previous message containing
patches, I'm not sure if it still worth the effort to
submit others.

However, for a project I'm working on, I've made a couple
of other modifications that may be of interest to others:

(1) Bug-fix to honor xml.catalog.verbosity system property.
    I noticed that if one does not use CatalogManager.properties,
    this system property is never checked.

(2) Proper setting of systemID of InputSource of SAX parsing
    when parsing XML catalog files.  W/o this fix, if a catalog
    file has references to external entities using relative SYSTEM
    identifiers, they are resolved relative to the current working
    directory versus the location of the catalog file being parsed.

    In my case, I was dealing with catalog files that included
    <!DOCTYPE catalog SYSTEM "..."> declarations using relative paths
    to catalog.dtd.  Things would bomb out during parsing since the
    SAX parser could not find the file specified due to invalid base
    URI context.

If there is interest, I can post patches.

--ewh